Friday, August 2, 2013

(More than) Once in a Lifetime

Last night I went to my very first Couchsurfing event at Frisk in the city.
The bar was small and cozy, with outdoor seating and friendly staff. In Australia you can always expect good pale ale. Their Tanqueray Malacca Gin & Tonic with a slice of grapefruit was even better. But the best part was definitely the people that I met. 

The next morning, Murray (some Scottish guy I met last night) and I went on an adventure. First stop, Hilarys Boat Harbour!


I said I'd eat a meat burger but I'm an honest sucker for veggie patties. Especially when it's paired with avocado and beetroot. 
Garden Goodness @ Grill'd 
 Melon gelato @ Bellissimo Gelato

We took a pit stop at his place and grabbed an ice-cold beer for the road. Yum.
"It's a bit, hairy beer, but still approachable, like a yak."
 We decided to head to Yanchep National Park... but not before he convinced me to steal a lemon from his brother's yard. Look at the size of that thing!!

So I didn't get the chance to hug the koala. But it's #1 on the bucket list and it's gotta be done. Next time!
Koala @Yanchep National Park
There's something about Australia's waters that just takes my breath away each time.
Yanchep National Park
Murray mentioned something about once-in-a-lifetime experience, and how if it's that good, we shouldn't just do it once. This guy obviously isn't as poor as I am. But he's getting at something there.
Me and Murray the Engineer
It's only been a week and a half and I've already been exhausted. Tomorrow we have a sort of spontaneous roadtrip planned. Me and 4 guys in one car. Shotty. Hopefully it's a go, and hopefully I come back in once piece. Goodnight, world. Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment