Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Current Status: Vagabond

Help me stay in this beautiful city!

I'm from Vancouver, and flew to Perth planning to study and thought I had everything set for me. But things happen, and sometimes you end up homeless. The place I'm looking to rent isn't available for another two weeks. I don't expect someone to host me the entire time, but just a little bit of lovin' here and there would be amazing.

Help me stay in this city, I haven't even seen the wallabies yet!

I posted  this on Couchsurfing. Within hours, I had 5 replies.

Ever wake up, late for class, knowing that you're homeless? Then fall off your longboard on your way to school and come home to find that your tomatoes, olives, and tomato paste have all gone bad? At the same time, you find out that you can no longer do your honours thesis, which was the main reason for moving away in the first place. All on a Monday. I actually had a good cry, thinking that no one in the city wanted me there. I could've said this was the worst day ever, but I'm just grateful for all the good people in the world. For the next two weeks I'll be crashing at the homes of strangers with my 70L backpack. I won't even mention how many days I've worn the same pair of socks. The important thing to note is that although I'm stressed as fuck, I'm alive and happy. There's nothing more important than being happy.

Oh and I made pizza for dinner. There's nothing more important than being happy and having pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment