Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sundays are always good to me

Sundays are always good to me. They always have been. Walking through downtown, I caught traces of a city in development. On one side there were skyscrapers and construction sites, on the other there were golden one-story tall buildings surrounded by beautiful brick paths. The city takes after it's motherland, and the European aspects got me feeling like this was some sort of summer trip.
Downtown Perth
I was never a huge fan of coffee but there's nothing not to love when the barista hands you a flat white with the perfect blend of bitters and sweets, and with just the right amount of foam on top. Bocelli has been voted for having one of the best coffees in Perth and I haven't found anything else that disagrees yet. The coffee was $5, the sandwich was $14, and the cake was $8. So overpriced, almost worth it.
Flat white, and a vegetarian Turkish sandwich (eggplant, sundried tomatoes, spinanch, basil)
Cherry chocolate cake!!
I found myself walking in an area decorated with sidewalk art and a giant screen displaying short films and ended at the Art Gallery of Western Australia. It's free, except for their featured art section. It's Van Gogh and Dali right now! This was my favourite display (which they removed a couple days after :( ).
Allegory: After Courbet, by John de Andrea
This Sunday, I started by having brunch and walking the dog with my wonderful roomates. During the night Niall, Atte, and I headed over to Little Creatures in Fremantle (my fav area in Perth!). It's a brewery, restaurant, and a pub. I ordered the White Rabbit White Ale, which was light and fruity and a pumpkin oven-roasted pizza with almonds, linseed and sage oil. Their pizza makes going meat-free so delicious.
Little Creatures
White Rabbit White Ale, Little Creatures Pale Ale, White Rabbit Dark Ale
 This city has successfully made me fall in love with its beer and coffee. On days I feel extra rich, I even have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment