Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Do I want to be a Dr. or do I want to be a Dr.?

In coming to Perth to complete my honours thesis, I may have just torn apart the academic system. An honours degree in Australia usually leads to a PhD, whereas an honours degree in Canada leads to a masters. I am a Canadian honours student, enrolled in an Australian honours course, lacking a bachelor's degree but has completed enough credits for an Australian bachelor's, and they have absolutely no idea what to do with me. I'd be qualified for a PhD before I even complete my bachelor's!

So do I want to plunge myself into a year of study and research to have the chance of applying for a PhD in Australia, or do I want to take intro Italian and a course about sex and apply for vet school? You'd think the answer was simple.

On top of all this, I'm still homeless and I don't have soap. The 2-bedroom flat I checked out today seemed promising in the ad, but when he casually mentioned "my wife and kids are coming to live here next month too", I knew it was time to get the hell out of there.

SOMEBODY TAKE ME PLEASE! I MAKE BANANA BREAD AND LEAVE CUTE NOTES!
If worse comes to worst... I`m sure the kangaroos will take me in.

Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park
Photo credit: Adam Benz

No comments:

Post a Comment