Monday, November 4, 2013

I fell in love with the ocean

Dear faithful readers from Canada, US, Oz, and Poland,
I know a couple of you guys are dying to get some photos from me, but it's end of semester and it's been CRAZY.

Yesterday I had one of the best days of my life.
My whole life I've been blessed with the ability to find joy in the worst situations and laugh at the most mundane statements. But yesterday I found a little more joy, and laughed a little bit harder.

Yesterday I fell in love with the ocean.

Niall hopping over some waves
We gathered at City Beach under some 33-degree sunshine for some fun in the water and on the barbie. It was the perfect place to wash off the explosion of colours that covered us from the Color Run. Unfortunately, this stuff is as permanent as they come. My nails are still purple.
"I caught a fish!", taken by Niall
We played frisbee in the water, jumped over waves, dove into waves, ran away from the waves and at times  just let the waves crash into us and knock us down. I don't believe there was a single person who got hit by the waves more often than Niall. There was also some man who lost his baby in the waves (but luckily found him!) I was constantly being caught in the breaks, tumbling, screaming, and trying to hold my bikini in place.  At one point, Anthony scooped me up in his arms and yelled "I caught a fish!" I could not stop laughing.
Sunset on the horizon
I don't remember ever spending 12 hours on a beach. We watched the sun set on the horizon while being carried by the ocean waves.

 It's just me and the Atlantic, taken by Anthony.
Attila and I
This is my new roommate. He's kinda cool. And maybe kinda sunburned too.

Niall and I
My favourite Irish guy, but probably my least favourite vegetarian after the past couple of days (just kidding <3).

The waves wrapped around us like a cool blanket. We played until the sun was gone and then some more. 



I've got more stories about Perth, kiddos. Stay tuned for my updates on Color Run, Tough Mudder, breaking into an abandoned building, being homeless once again, and my potentially fractured foot!

1 comment: